Lawson Hosting and Software Pricing
Naturally, Lawson offers ‘traditional’ on-premises deployment of their payroll and HR software; however, when it comes to hosted services, the company offers two very specific options:
- Using Amazon's Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS); via what the company refers to as Lawson External Cloud,
- Accessing Lawson Managed Services for full hosting and application management (including patch/upgrade management, round the clock critical incident support, modifications, upgrades, administration of software installations, database administration, and system maintenance).
The Lawson Managed Services option will be of greatest benefit to those clients lacking or wishing to forego the IT infrastructure and staffing necessary for an on-premises HR software system. The data center used by Lawson for this option is provided by Velocity and is SSAE 16 and ISO 27001-certified.
However, Lawson’s use of the EC2 public cloud offers some unique features and may well prove to be the more popular of the company’s hosted options with clients. Several features of this hosting solution are of note.
- It offers the same application that is delivered as an on-premise solution (consistency of service as standard), but clients who decide in the future to migrate from the cloud to on-premise are restricted to Windows-only environments.
- Installation and management of this option will lie with Lawson staff, while the solution itself operates in virtualized X64 servers with a Windows OS.
- Interestingly, the Lawson External Cloud is not multi-tenant, giving each customer their own application instance.
- Possibly the most unique feature though is that Lawson's full ERP system is available in this cloud environment—one of the few such ERP deployments on the market – and for clients looking for a single business software provider rather than just the payroll and HR application is, Lawson is providing just that via Amazon's EC2.
Perhaps the most enticing aspect of the EC2 option is that Lawson offer a Test Drive option, allowing clients to use Lawson’s software with their own processes and data for up to 14 days without committing to a purchase or services subscription.
Lawson Hosting and Service Level Agreement
Although a Service Level Agreement (SLA) is provided to clients who opt for the Amazon EC2 option, Lawson declined to offer any significant details about the standards in this agreement, including what (if any) uptime is guaranteed and whether remunerations in the form of credits or monies would be given in the event of SLA failure. However, research with customers already utilizing this public cloud environment indicated a 99% uptime guarantee and (completely separate to an agreement with Lawson) Amazon itself provides an SLA of 99.95% guaranteed uptime for users of EC2.
Lawson Software Pricing
While the vendor did not provide the pricing structure (either for the payroll software or the wider HCM system), it is known that subscription costs for the hosted solutions are primarily dependent on the size of the employee population. The Lawson Flexible Subscription pricing model consists of an annual subscription fee which covers license, maintenance, managed services and Amazon web services/hosting. (Hosted clients can convert their subscription licenses to perpetual licenses for a lump-sum payment).
Next - Infor Company Viability Review >>