Meta4 Best Fit & Competitors
Meta4 Sweet Spot
The company website emphasizes that the second vital factor in any payroll system (the first is apparently that it must be innovative and state-of-the-art) is developing a system that can satisfy the calculation needs of any kind of client. Right from the start Meta4 aimed to provide services that are applicable to companies of any size and in any sector, although when pressed the solution is best-suited to organizations with from 1K to 15K employees. While smaller clients are not explicitly targeted by Meta4’s marketing efforts, a simplified solution (at a reduced price) can be applied to those with staffing between 500 and 1,000. Also, despite a lack of focus on any particular vertical, a large percentage of Meta4's business comes from the healthcare, insurance, and public administration industries. Marquee customers include:
- Bimbo – 65K employees in 9 countries
- Bridgestone Europe – 10K employees in 17 European countries
- Boehringer Ingelheim – 1,200 employees in 8 South American countries
- Carvajal Group – 15K employees in 17 countries
- The Telefónica Group – 100K employees in 4 countries
- Veolia Group – 15K employees in 3 countries
- Government of Mexico D.F. – 200K employees
- Secretariat for Public Administration in Mexico – 3M+ employees
- Government of Colombia – 3M employees
- Public Office of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires – 140K employees
- Public Office of the Córdoba Province in Argentina – 155K employees
- McKesson – 60K employees
When you’re looking for a payroll solution, shortlist Meta4 if:
- You are a multinational company located in one of Meta4's supported regions (U.S., Europe, and/or Latin America).
- Your business is expanding and requires global payroll capabilities.
- You have plans to integrate payroll functionality with broader HR and HCM capabilities, including performance management.
- You're a large company within the healthcare, insurance, or public administration sectors.
Payroll and HR software buyers may wish to look further afield if:
- Your organization needs deeper integration into additional ERP functions like financials, CRM, etc.
- Your company has immediate needs for payroll that is integrated with a robust mobile workforce management solution.
Meta4 competes directly with Northgate Arinso, Ultimate Software, and of course the 3 largest competitors in the international payroll software arena: SAP, Oracle, and Infor. However, from a purely payroll point of view, the competition also includes Automatic Data Processing (ADP) and countless other smaller vendors depending on a client’s desired geographies. Speaking in terms of technological innovation, Meta4 are also competing with Workday, although Meta4 has serious technological challenges to meet before it's able to put forward a serious bid.
Meta4's PeopleNet software solution includes a best-of-breed payroll solution incorporate within an innovative and expertly-developed HCM suite that shows its full potential when applied on a global scale. In spite of still managing a customer split between traditional on-premises and SaaS deployments, Meta4 is clearly aware of the future of HR software in the cloud and is making every effort to transition both its offerings and clients in that direction. Although continuing to suffer from a lack of exposure in the U.S., the PeopleNet suite of applications appears aligned with the requirements of employees, managers, and executives in the modern workplace. Particularly in terms of the payroll solution, the right marketing could see Meta4 crack the North American market.