Meta4 Strengths and Weaknesses
Meta4's competitive positioning in the payroll (and wider HR) software market can be summarized by highlighting the following strengths and weaknesses.
- With capabilities far in excess of many vendors within the global midmarket industry, Meta4's Payroll function is best-of-breed.
- Some clients are of the opinion that Meta4’s integration between the "core" HRMS and other functions such as Performance, Compensation and Succession Management is also best-of-breed, and research from Gartner would support this.
- Meta4's "person-centric" architecture is an industry innovation and has the potential to alter preconceived notions of how data should be handled and flow within an organization.
- While Meta4 do not currently offer genuinely world-class predictive analytics or data modeling, the Active Dashboard (ADB) module within PeopleNet features one of the best business data visualizations available.
- The PeopleNet workflow engine is particularly effective in automating business processes and offers features unique within the broader HCM field.
- A lack of marketing within the U.S. – the single largest IT market in the world – has resulted in limitations on Meta4’s good global reputation. Efforts to increase awareness of brand and offering must be made in order to improve their standing within this geography.
- Furthermore, the lack of North American data centers (along with restrictive European data protection regulations) may be off-putting to prospective customers.
- PeopleNet software does not offer built-in time and attendance functionality, preferring to source this via third party providers. This undermines PeopleNet as a true end-to-end solution and gives competitors and opening.
- If Meta4 don’t address the lack of social media integration in PeopleNet, it may be interpreted as a repeat of the company’s misperception of the talent management market in the early 2000s.
- Mobile access if currently limited to browser-neutral access to web pages which are not designed for mobile form factors.
- The lack of visual software customization tools and a third party, pre-integrated online app store leave customers with few good options when the payroll or HR software is missing particular feature sets or requires software customization.
Next - Meta4 Best Fit & HR Competitors >>