NuViewHR Technology Review
System Integration Capabilities
When it comes to joining up with third party or legacy systems, NuViewHR’s Web service, XML, batch and NuView Toolset Import/Export capabilities allow integration via a number of different mechanisms at either the database, application or presentation layer. In more detail:
- Database layer - the NuViewHR database sits on the Microsoft SQL Server and at this point, the integration options encompass: internal/external SQL Scripts (which allow push-pull capabilities for directing data from tables/views); data transformation services (DTS); and other SQL extensions/third-party programs supported by SQL Server. It is worth being aware that structural changes made through NuViewHR will affect extensions (unless explicitly handled on the client and server side) and furthermore, extensions are not supported on systems which are hosted by NuView.
- Application and web service layer - containing the NuViewHR Web Service (including the business logic execution engine), integration at this layer involves SOAP-supported third-party clients that communicate with a Web Service Provider over the standard http protocol. The NuViewHR Web Services Description Language (WSDL) used for this communication is shipped with the system and – similar to the above-mentioned extensions in the database layer – this integration option is not available for systems hosted by NuView.
- Inside the application – integration here is via the establishment of a sharing space for the data that is separate to both the NuViewHR application and the third-party integrating program, so as to respect the privacy of each side of the communicators. Put simply, agreement is reached regarding a protocol on data format, availability, and transmission and then changes can be made on each side without affecting the other, as long as the established protocols remain valid.
Groupware integration with the NuView base package is limited to email but for an additional charge, integration to sync contacts, calendar appointments and tasks can be made available.
Software Customization Capabilities
NuViewTools is an underlying toolset enabling customization of the NuViewHR solution. Clients can alter numerous aspects of the HR software (including the building and modification of workflows), without necessarily compromising future updates.
Business Process Automation (BPA)
NuViewHR comes with a variety of specific capabilities permitting automation of business process and workflows, including:
- Workflow designer – at first glance, a NuView workflow design appears to be similar to an XML document; however, users do not need programming skills to set up workflows. An understanding of simple syntax and a reasonable familiarity with NuViewTools enables the creation of relatively sophisticated workflows.
- To do generator – the system automatically tracks the business process and creates "To Do" tasks. In a sense this function acts as an audit trail for workflow processes.
- Notification engine – allows the creation of event triggers and subsequent notifications targeting specific roles and/or at specific times. Notification sources may be data changes, date fields, or standard delivered workflow.
- Wizard builder – gives the client the functionality to link a number of subsequent forms as data is entered on one form, so the user is led to the next in an automatic sequence.
In addition to the automation of business processes, the NuViewHR suite includes a host of other customization capabilities, including:
- Custom themes (to closely match company colors, fonts, and style);
- NuView's "Table Designer" (for the creation, editing, or deletion of tables in the database.);
- NuView's "Form Designer" (for the management of page – or "form" – views within a workflow design);
- NuView's “Menu Designer” (for the management of page/form order).
Next - NuView Payroll Cloud Delivery & Software Pricing >>